Star Wars Battlefront II update will fix issues with BB-8 and BB-9E
DICE has announced plans to release a new update for Star Wars Battlefront II tomorrow, February 12th.
The upcoming update aims to address a number of issues that have surfaced following the release of last week’s BB-8 update.
To start with, issues with new characters BB-8 and BB-9E have been fixed, including stamina draining quickly when spamming both fire keys, BB-8’s Spinner Star Card granting 20 seconds of cooldown reduction, instead of 10, and no audio playing for both characters when inspecting voice lines. In addition, an issue has been fixed that caused the wrong audio to play when BB-8 and BB-9E are interrupted.
Other changes include VFX and lighting improvements for the new capital ships, a reduction in the heat cost of the Heavy Trooper’s Sentry abilities, and reduced damage reduction for Darth Vader when using Choke.
Read the full patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where the boarding cinematic would be visible when completing the final objective on any of the Capital Ships on Jakku.
- Fixed an issue that would allow the First Order Jet Trooper to dash more than 2 times.
- Fixed an issue where spamming both the main fire and secondary fire keys for BB-8 would drain the stamina quickly, without dealing the appropriate amount of damage
- Fixed an issue where BB-8’s Spinner Star Card would grant 20 seconds of cooldown reduction, instead of 10, on Epic rarity.
- Fixed an issue where there would be no audio playing when inspecting the BB-8 and BB-9E Voice Lines in the Front End menu.
- Fixed an issue where BB-8 and BB-9E would eventually play the wrong VO lines when they were disrupted.
- Various collision, VFX and lighting improvements on the MC85 Star Cruiser and Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
- Lowered the heat cost for the spool-up functionality on the Heavy Trooper’s Sentry abilities.
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous’ Claw Rush could completely drain the stamina of an opponent.
- Reduced the gain in Battle Points by 50% for the Ovissian Gunner, Caphex Spy, Sith Trooper and First Order Jet Trooper, to be consistent with the other Reinforcements.
- Made improvements to resolve issues with hit registration, despite dodging Lightsaber and melee attacks
- Fixed an issue that would block the VO from the emotes of the Republic Officer on Kamino or Geonosis.
- Fixed a localization issue with the message “First Order Jet Trooper Available” being too long for the kill screen in Japanese.
- Made improvements to resolve visual issues with textures popping-in, when transporting to the capital ships on Jakku, Takodana and Ajan Kloss.
- Lowered the damage reduction on Darth Vader while using Choke from 75% to 20%.
- Updated the mode description for Ewok Hunt.
Star Wars Battlefront II is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.