Marvel’s Avengers update fixes progression issues, infinitely falling, and more
Crystal Dynamics has released a new update for Marvel’s Avengers on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 that focuses on bug fixing.
To start with, this latest update fixes issues with infinite loading screens preventing campaign progression and addresses “the majority” of instances where the Helicarrier partially loads causing players to fall through the world. However, the developer notes that this can still occur on a rare occasion.
Additionally, the bug that caused outfits unlocked via the campaign to return to a locked state has been fixed. Sadly, locked outfits will not be returned to players until update 1.3.0.
Other changes include achievements now unlocking and progressing properly, load time optimizations, and improvements to the backup save UI. Read the full patch notes below:
- Resolved an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- This patch does not resolve the fix for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Addressed majority of instances of a partially loaded Helicarrier which resulted in characters infinitely falling out of world when trying to access the Avengers Initiative.
- There are rare instances where this could happen still, but the patch ensures that loading back into the main menu and then returning to the Avengers Initiative will resolve it. We are still working to eliminate this bug entirely.
- Campaign Mission reward outfits will no longer disappear from Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through campaign progress – such as the Stark Tech outfits – reverting to a locked state.
- We prevented this from happening in V1.2.5, but the patch does not return outfits for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved In V1.3.0.
- [Updated for Clarity] Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits should no longer temporarily appear locked if you lose connectivity while in the game. We are still investigating locked Pattern and Vendor outfits.
- Updated Community Challenge UI that now reflects current community progress.
- Backup Save UI improvements
- Load time optimizations
- Xbox Only: Achievements should now unlock and increment properly. We are still investigating if all Achievements will be granted retroactively – our current theory is that story-based will, but challenge-based will not.
The developer also revealed that it has multiple patches in the works for the game that will make “significant improvements” to matchmaking, fix unlocks, and more. The next update is scheduled to go live next week.
Marvel’s Avengers is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.