Marvel’s Avengers beta update decreases motion blur, improves matchmaking
Crystal Dynamics has made a few improvements and changes to Marvel’s Avengers for its open beta, which is now live on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
The update adds a new option to settings to adjust the amount of camera shake, decreases the amount of motion blur when sprinting and flying, and makes a number of improvements and optimizations to matchmaking. There are also vaulting improvements, crash fixes, and a reduction in the delay when picking up loot drops.
Additionally, the PC version of the game has had a number of improvements made to it, including crash fixes, performance improvements, graphical fixes, and Dynamic Screen Resolution tweaks. Read the full patch notes for all three platforms below:
Beta Update 1.4.0 – PS4 and Xbox One
- Added an option in Settings to adjust Camera Shake Sensitivity
- Decreased amount of motion blur during sprint and flight
- Multiple improvements and optimizations made to matchmaking
- Changed default settings to wide combat camera distance, heavy targeting assistance and matchmaking disabled
- Improvement to vaulting
- Fixed several reported crashes
- Fixed issue with multiple Super Heroes spawning
- Decreased delay of loot drops
- Save game optimizations
Beta Update 1.5.0 – PS4 and Xbox One
- Fixed rare issue of players losing certain gear
- Additional matchmaking improvements
- Rare crashes fixes
- Moved Enable Matchmaking prompt to occur after the War Table is unlocked
- Added a link to 1st Party store to main menu
Beta Update 26.1 – Steam
- We have seen how some people struggled with severe stutters/lag and irregular performance and we have made several fixes that will solve or at least improve those.
- A variety of fixes for crashes seen during last weekend have been implemented, which includes certain older systems not being able to launch at all, but also some that occurred rarely during gameplay.
- We will keep monitoring for other crashes and will release updates as we have them.
- Multiple improvements and optimizations made to matchmaking.
- Changed default settings to wide combat camera distance, heavy targeting assistance (for gamepad) and matchmaking disabled.
- Added an option in Settings to adjust Camera Shake Sensitivity.
- Decreased amount of motion blur during sprint and flight.
- We have made fixes for issues surrounding microphone handling and muting other players.
- We have addressed some graphical issues, for example when using SSSR while having TAA turned off.
- We have solved issues with the Dynamic Screen Resolution feature, especially when it was combined with HBAO+.
- With those fixes we recommend turning on Dynamic Screen Resolution again (at your desired minimum frame-rate) to ensure you are able to stick to your desired frame-rate no matter how hectic the game gets.
- Improvements to vaulting.
- Decreased delay of loot drops.
- We have brought in some initial improvements to our support for ultra-wide and super-ultrawide screens, with us planning more for launch.
- Various other smaller fixes and improvements.
Marvel’s Avengers officially launches on September 4th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.