Gunfight Tournaments now live in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
A new update is now live for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War that introduces Gunfight Tournaments, Gunfight Blueprints, and Throwback Moshpit.
Gunfight Tournaments see 16 teams battling it out in 2v2 Gunfight matches in a single-elimination bracket, with the winners moving on and the losers moving out. Each tournament will offer players the chance to earn a new Emblem, Calling Card, Charm, and Weapon Blueprint for progressing.
The first Gunfight Tournament is now live until April 15th and registration will be available every five minutes while the tournament is active. Developer Treyarch notes that this will be the only tournament available during Season 2 Reloaded.
Also available now are the Gunfight Blueprints and Throwback Moshpit playlists. The former sees players battling it out in 2v2 Gunfights using the latest Weapon Blueprints, while the latter mixes TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint across classic maps from the Black Ops series.
Finally, double XP is now live in Black Ops Cold War until April 12th. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Sixteen teams of two clash in a 2v2 single-elimination tournament for exclusive rewards. Win and move on to the next round. Lose, and you’re out.
- Register for a Tournament and get matched up with 31 other players of similar skill.
- Each Tournament is broken up into 4 Rounds: Preliminaries, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and the Tournament Finals.
- Each Tournament introduces new exclusive rewards as you win your way through the bracket. Rewards for the first Tournament include a new Emblem, Calling Card, Charm, and Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint.
- XP is also awarded as players win their way through each Tournament and can be earned repeatedly with each Tournament participation.
- Each segment captured by the Attackers will now add 20 seconds to the game clock. Time will no longer be added after capturing a single zone.
- Overtime Defense is now awarded to the team that captures the most zone segments in the previous rounds. In the event of a tiebreaker, the team with the most kills will be awarded Defense in Overtime.
- Also applies to CDL Control in League Play.
- Gunfight Tournament [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- Throwback Moshpit (also available in Hardcore)
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Prop Hunt
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team Moshpit
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy was not spawning under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy’s axes remained on the screen longer than intended.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Containment (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.