Call of Duty: Vanguard update adjusts spawns, changes point blank sniper challenge
Sledgehammer Games has released another update for Call of Duty: Vanguard that addresses more issues.
This latest update puts a stop to a spawn trap in the cave on Numa Numa and also prevents players from spawning close to enemies on Desert Siege. In addition to this, bugs that caused the FOV to lock, reticle challenges not to track, and the clan XP bar display to break have been fixed.
There’s also a change to Point Blank challenges on sniper rifles to increase the range. Read the full patch notes below:
- Fixed a spawn trap in the cave on Numa Numa while playing Domination, Team Deathmatch, or Kill Confirmed
- Increased the point-blank range for sniper challenges
- Fixed spawning close to enemies in Desert Siege
- Fixed players spawning into a buy round with fists and no secondary weapons
- Fixed reticle challenges that were not tracking past the first challenge
- Incendiary rounds no longer trigger a fire death or burn damage voiceover on corpses
- Fixed the Secrets of the Pacific Get 3 Wins challenge tracking losses as wins during FFA
- Fixed a messaging error in Champion Hill about purchasing the BAR when the weapon was not purchased
- Fixed the broken clan XP bar display after level 1
- Fixed a rare bug that caused your FOV to lock
- Fixed FFA losses recording as wins for operator challenges
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to get outside of the map
- Addressed issues with players who died in a downed state not transitioning properly to Spectator mode
- Fixed a bug that gave players the default pistol when downed instead of the Pack-a-Punched version, if they own one
Call of Duty: Vanguard is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.