Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone update nerfs the AS VAL and SP-R 208
A new update is now available for both Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone that makes adjustments to the two weapons introduced with Season 6.
Today’s update fixes a bug with the AS VAL that allowed the weapon to fire through multiple walls when using the SSP 10-R mag. While the SP-R 208 has had its flinch increased, ADS speed reduced, and bullet velocity and ADS speed reduced when using the .300 Norma mag and .338 Lupua mag.
There’s also a small reduction to ADS speed when using variable zoom scopes with the SKS. Read the full patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where players could survive in the gas while staying on the subway fast travel system
- AS VAL
- Fixed a bug where the SSP 10-R mags could allow bullet penetration through multiple walls
- SP-R 208
- Increase to flinch
- Minor reduction to ADS speed
- Variable zoom scope
- Moved weapon closer to the player while ADSing
- Small reduction to ADS speed
- .300 Norma mag and .338 Lapua Mag ammo types:
- Reduction to bullet velocity
- Reduction to ADS speed
- Small reduction to ADS speed for variable zoom scopes
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone’s sixth season got underway last week and introduced a quick travel system for Warzone, new multiplayer maps for Modern Warfare, two new weapons, and more.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.