Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War update improves spawns, fixes Zombies bugs
Treyarch has released a small update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War ahead of Nuketown ‘84’s arrival later today.
This latest update takes a pass at improving multiplayer spawns. According to the patch notes, Hardpoint spawn logic has been adjusted to reduce the average travel time to the hardpoint and the weighting of enemy spawns on Crossroads Strike and Armada Strike have been changed.
Additionally, a couple of bugs have been addressed in Zombies, including players earning a Field Upgrade while Ring of Fire was active, zombies unexpectedly using range attacks, and the Megaton becoming permanently invincible. Read the full patch notes below:
- Adjusted Hardpoint spawn logic to reduce average travel time to active Hardpoints.
- Adjusted enemy weighting for spawns in Crossroads Strike and Armada Strike.
Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Addressed a UI error that could sometimes occur when loading into a match of Fireteam: Dirty Bomb on Ruka.
- Addressed an issue that would prevent Flak Jacket from properly protecting the player from explosive damage in Hardcore modes.
- Addressed an issue where the player could earn Field Upgrade charge while their Ring of Fire was currently activated.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused zombies to use their ranged attack unexpectedly.
- Addressed a rare issue that could rarely cause the Megaton to be permanently invincible after splitting.
- Added various stability fixes.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.