Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War update fixes bugs and balances Zombies
Treyarch has delivered a new update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War that addresses a couple of issues and makes some balance adjustments.
First are a few fixes for multiplayer that stop players capturing a Hardpoint zone on Standoff from outside the area and a black fade playing on respawn after spectating a teammate. There’s also a fix for a crash caused by equipping a custom mod on a weapon during a match.
In addition to the above, the Pack-a-Punched Ray Gun is back to 40/160 ammo and the Chopper Gunner now does less damage to the Orda. Read the full patch notes below:
- Addressed an issue where players would sometimes crash or lose functionality if they attempted to equip a Custom Mod in the Create-a-Class menu during a match.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to capture the #3 Hardpoint zone outside of the intended boundary.
- Addressed an issue that caused a black fade to play on respawn after spectating a teammate.
- Addressed an issue where placeholder white boxes would show in place of the Weapon Mastery badges in the “Killed By” feed during Best Play.
- Ray Gun
- Restored Pack-a-Punched Ray Gun ammo count to 40/160.
- Addressed an issue where the Custom Mod menu would sometimes show up blank after Pack-a-Punching a weapon.
- Reduced the amount of damage inflicted by the Chopper Gunner against the Orda.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.