Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War update adds new secret location to Zombies
Treyarch has announced that a new update is going live for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War today, April 25th, at 9 a.m. PT.
This update brings with it the new Outbreak Collapse game mode, in which players must fight against “increasingly intense waves for 10 minutes before attempting to exfil from a single Region.” The difficulty will increase every two minutes until the 10-minute time limit, after which players must race to the exfil point at the farthest position from their squad.
In addition to the new mode, Treyarch has added a new secret location to Zombies that will offer “over a dozen rewards and a permanent upgrade in all Zombies maps.” The rewards will be based on how many Zombies Main Quests have been completed.
Read the full patch notes below:
- Added a new secret location offering over a dozen rewards and a permanent upgrade in all Zombies maps, depending on how many Main Quests you’ve completed.
- Outbreak Collapse
- Players must outlast increasingly intense waves for 10 minutes before attempting to exfil from a single Region.
- After choosing from one of two random Regions to infiltrate, fight to survive as the difficulty ramps up every two minutes.
- Hold out until the time limit and race to the exfil point at the farthest position from your squad while a surge of zombies closes in on your position.
- Successfully exfil from the region before time runs out to win.
- Outbreak Collapse
- Abomination enemy added to Outbreak.
- HVT Abomination added to Eliminate Objective.
- Addressed an issue where players with Tombstone Tier IV were not being respawned near the end of the round.
- Weapons from Season Six can now be obtained from the Mystery Box.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.