Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta update makes changes to TDM and Spy Plane
Treyarch has made several changes to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s beta ahead of the second weekend.
According to the patch notes, the Duster Stock attachment has been tuned to “prevent faster sliding than intended” and the Spy Plane cooldown has been increased “to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.” There’s also an increase in the Team Death Match score limit from 75 to 100 to improve match pacing.
Additionally, players can expect bug fixes, stability improvements, and an adjustment for join in progress to prevent players from joining matches that are about to end. Read the full patch notes below:
- Adjusted tuning on the Duster Stock attachment to prevent faster sliding than intended.
- Increased the cooldown on the Spy Plane to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Increased TDM score limit from 75 to 100 for better match pacing.
- Updated the Assassin Perk description for clarity. (Updated Oct. 9)
- Slightly reduced damage output of the Milano 821 SMG. (Updated Oct. 9)
- Adjusted conditions for joining in progress to prevent players from joining matches that are about to end.
- Moved VIP Escort exclusively to the Featured playlist.
- Fixed an issue where a controller could become unresponsive when loading into a match.
- Fixed an issue with multiple Optics being misaligned in ADS and blocking the player’s view, including Snappoint, Diamondback, and Hawksmoor attachments.
- Fixed a bug where players would get “UI Error 66156” when selecting “Add Activision Friends” from the Recent Players menu.
- Fixed an issue where other players’ names were not visible in the pre-match lobby.
- Fixed crashes that could occur during the Best Play in a VIP Escort match.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while selecting Operators in the front-end menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a SAM Turret missile hit a target when the turret was destroyed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if a Gunboat was beached for too long.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta returns tomorrow, October 15th for all PlayStation 4 owners, as well as Xbox One and PC players who have preordered the game. On October 17th, the beta will open up to all players on Xbox One and PC until it ends on October 19th.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.