Titanic monsters set to invade Call of Duty in Operation Monarch
Activision today revealed a number of new details about Classified Arms, the third season of Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone—but it’s hard not to focus on a certain two guests that are coming to crash the party.
So, before we get into everything else, Season Three of Warzone will see the arrival of Operation Monarch, a “special limited-time event” featuring both Godzilla and King Kong. What part exactly the two legendary kaiju will play is still unknown, but we have been given this snipped: “Along with bringing two of the largest stars in movie history to Call of Duty, Operation Monarch will introduce a new game mode for Quads based on several classic experiences with a titan-sized twist.”
From there, both Vanguard and Warzone will see a host of additions, such as the former’s new Mayhem Map, and the latter’s introduction of an offshore Gulag.
Here’s a breakdown from Activision of what’s coming to both games in Classified Arms:
- Uncover Ancient Secrets, Loadout Items at Dig Site. Get your hands dirty at this new Monarch Point of Interest between the Ruins and Mines to find Supply Boxes and clues of enemies to come.
- New Offshore Gulag. Escape the Hold, Caldera’s new Gulag. Built by Toys for Bob, this three-lane arena welcomes all combatants to intense duels before redeployment.
- Prepare for Operation Monarch. Ancient cave paintings, massive skulls, and an otherworldly axe are just some of the odd sightings around Caldera. Operation Monarch is a special limited-time event featuring the iconic Titans of the Monsterverse, Godzilla and Kong.
Vanguard and Warzone:
- Powerful Marksman Rifle and Fast-Firing Assault Rifle Lead New Prototypical Armaments. The M1916 and Nikita AVT, previously classified for even the most elite Operators, will soon be a part of your arsenal. Also: get your hands on a new SMG and Sledgehammer Games’ favorite melee weapon later this season.
- S.O.T.F. 008 Descends on Caldera. Mateo Hernandez, Florence Carter, and Kim Tae Young make up this new task force. Learn about Captain Butcher’s latest recruits and what they bring to battle during this season.
- Mayhem Map, Trophy System Coming at Launch. Tower over your opponents and a mock city in a new small-sized map, using the Trophy System to defend your squad from incoming projectiles.
- A New Ranked Season Begins. Begin a new ascent to the Top 250 as you earn new Weapon Blueprints, Camos, Charms, and more in Ranked Play.
- The Road Ahead for Vanguard Zombies. In addition to 20 new Season Challenges and the introduction of fresh Battle Pass weaponry, Treyarch has shared their plans for the future of Vanguard Zombies.
Classified Arms kicks off for Call of Duty: Vanguard following the game’s update on April 26th at 9AM Pacific, and Call of Duty: Warzone‘s update on April 27th at 9AM Pacific. Operation Monarch, meanwhile, begins at 9AM Pacific on May 11th.
For the full details on Call of Duty: Vanguard and Call of Duty: Warzone Season Three, check out the official Classified Arms blog post.