The Outer Worlds update will add font scaling, improve Manti-Queen drops, more
Obsidian Entertainment has announced that it will be releasing a new update for its sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds later this week.
The upcoming update will add the option to adjust text size, improve font visibility, introduce a new option to only show the reticle when aiming, and improve ultrawide support on PC. Players can also look forward to better item drops from Manti-Queens.
Elsewhere, the update introduces a new multi quest map tracking system that will display inactive quests on the map and a new setting to invert the X-Axis. Read the full patch notes for update 1.3 below:
- Font Scaling (added a setting to adjust the size of text throughout most UI)
- Ultrawide Support (loading screens & cinematics)
- Improved Font Visibility (coloring)
- Multi Quest Map Tracking (can see inactive quests on the map and select them)
- New Reticle HUD Setting Option “Aiming Only” (ADS or Scoped)
- Fixed the Chromatic Aberration Setting not Saving
- New Invert “X-Axis” Setting
- Added Toggle for Sprinting
- Improved the quality of item drops when killing Manti-Queens
- Fixed the effects of Encumbrance not working correctly with the Confidence Perk
“We want to thank you all for the continued feedback and patience while we continue to work to improve your gaming experience,” the developer added.
The Outer Worlds is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. A Nintendo Switch version is also in development and was due to release this month, but has been delayed to an unannounced date due to the coronavirus.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.