Outriders update improves matchmaking and Xbox sign in
People Can Fly has delivered a fresh update for Outriders that contains several fixes and improvements.
To start with, the developer has improved and sped up the sign-in process on Xbox consoles. Additionally, matchmaking has been improved to reduce the chance of players being matched up with people who are AFK. To achieve this, players who have not interacted with the game for more than two minutes will now be removed from the matchmaking queue.
Today’s update also includes fixes for Scrap Grenade not working after a cinematic, the Tricksters Hunt the Prey getting stuck, the “In-Sync” accolade not unlocking, and more.
Finally, the Pyromancer’s Healthy Lifestyle Mod has been tweaked to now boost “Health Regeneration by X for Y seconds after the skill ends” to improve survivability. More balance changes are on the way in a future update, according to People Can Fly. Take a look at the patch notes below:
- Improved and faster Xbox Sign in Process
- Please let us know if your experience signing in on Xbox has improved!
- Improved Matchmaking to reduce the chance of matching with an AFK player
- Players that are AFK (not interacting with the game) for more than 2 minutes will be automatically removed from the matchmaking queue.
- Interacting with NPCs or configuring skills, mods or builds is not considered AFK behaviour (though being inactive for 2 minutes+ while being in menus or dialogue options is).
- Improved the visibility of Brood Mothers’ “Surge” AOE Attack (Blue flames)
- Fixed a bug whereby Scrap Grenade would stop working after a cinematic or when re-joining a session
- Resolved an issue with the Technomancers Borealis Set and changed its description to match its new behaviour
- The New Description is:
- Increase damage on Frozen enemies by 90%. Also, Critical Hit Damage is increased by 10% for all party members for 8 seconds after Cold Snap usage.
- The Old Description was:
- Increase Weapon Damage on Frozen enemies by 90%. Also, Critical Hit Damage is increased by 10% for all party members for 8 seconds after Cold Snap usage.
- IMPORTANT: While we have resolved one problematic aspect of this set, we very recently discovered a second underlying issue that can still cause the full 90% set bonus to stop working when in combat. Un-equipping and re-equipping the set can help temporarily resolve this. We apologize for this confusion and are already working on a resolution to this second issue.
- The New Description is:
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Tricksters Hunt The Prey to get stuck on activating
- Fixed a bug whereby Bleed status from the armor mod ‘Bloody Crush’ would not be inflicted on enemies hit with the ‘Gravity Leap’ skill
- Fixed a bug whereby the Devastator’s “Blood Donation” class node wouldn’t work if the player didn’t have other active “skill life leech” nodes or mods.
- Clarified the description for the Ravenous Locust Mod
- Fixed a bug whereby dismantling an item might not have displayed the mod preview
- Fixed an issue that would cause the “In Sync” accolade to not properly unlock for Client players
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to not get the proper reward if they completed an Expedition during the final second of the reward tier.
- Other bug and crash Fixes
Outriders is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.