Outriders update fixes bugs and brings back cross-platform play
People Can Fly has delivered the first major update for Outriders which fixes a number of bugs and re-enables cross-platform play between PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.
The update includes overall stability fixes for matchmaking as well as fixes for the HUD disappearing, players getting stuck in the geometry, and a number of crashes. There’s also an adjustment to the default matchmaking option from “Open” to “Closed” to reduce the instances of players joining AFK lobbies and improve matchmaking times. Read the full patch notes below:
Consoles and PC
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Crash Fixes
- Will Fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
- Will fix the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues
- Will include many more “random” crash fixes
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn’t intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
In addition to the patch, the developer offered an update on the inventory wipe bug that has hit some players. People Can Fly noted in a Twitter thread that it has “applied additional preventative measures” to guard against the wipe and plans to restore as many of the missing items as possible through a one-off mass restoration at some point in the future.
Outriders is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.