Outriders update buffs several weapon mods
People Can Fly has delivered a small server-side update for Outriders that makes balance adjustments to several weapon mods.
The changes made in the update include an AOE range increase for Winter Blast, a damage increase for Ultimate Anomaly Surge, and an increase in the explosion damage from Claymore Torrent. Read the full patch notes below:
- Winter Blast has had its AOE range increased to 5m (Previously: 4m)
- Ultimate Anomaly Surge has had its damage increased by 137% (From base 25 to 34.25)
- Claymore Torrent has had its explosion damage increased by 210% (From base 30.6 to 64.26)
- Ultimate Storm Whip has had its damage increased by 140% (From base 23 to 32.2)
- Strings of Gauss has had its damage increased by 262% (From base 24.5 to 64)
“Today’s buffs are only our first steps towards addressing those aspects of the above mod-meta which we deem to be unhealthy for the development of fun and varied builds in Outriders,” the developer added. “We will be making changes in future that will be aimed at disrupting the meta, but doing so in a way that opens up many more fun options and alternatives for players.”
A bigger patch is also in the works for the game that includes improvements to the visibility of the Brood Mothers Surge AOE skill limits, a fix for a bug that prevented players from reviving themselves and others, and the removal of some stutter issues.
Outriders is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.