Modern Warfare update adjusts Piccadilly and footsteps, nerfs M4 and 725 again
A new update is now available for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that includes weapon balance, challenge fixes, and more.
To start with, the update makes further adjustments to a few of the game’s weapons. The 725 Shotgun has suffered another range reduction, the M4 now does less damage to the head, and the FAL has had its recoil reduced and ADS speed increased.
In addition to the above, footsteps have had another pass with crouch and ADS sounds adjusted to reduce their volume.
“If the player moved faster than a certain speed the ADS walk could change to a jog sound. The same was true for crouch where moving fast in crouch with say an SMG and some light weight attachments could push you into walk sounds from crouch sounds,” developer Infinity Ward explained in a Reddit comment. “With this patch the Crouch will always play crouch sounds (creep sounds) and ADS will also play creep sounds. In this way it’s consistent for the user. Fictionally the player is stealthily moving around in these two states.”
Finally, a couple of changes have been made to the Piccadilly map. Following the update, spawns have been adjusted in Team Deathmatch and Domination, and the position of the B flag in Domination has been shifted.
Read the full patch notes for today’s update below:
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress