MLB The Show 21 update adjusts crowd reactions, fixes bugs
A new update is now available for MLB The Show 21 that makes adjustments and fixes a number of bugs.
Following the update, issues that caused a lack of tag animation and the ball boy to rob a foul ball have been fixed, as well as there now being a higher loss of break for aiming a sinker, changeup, or curveball high in the zone. Additionally, adjustments have been made to crowd reactions to home and away plays to make them more “appropriate.”
As revealed yesterday, today’s update also introduces the Field of Dreams to the game. Players can find the stadium listed under Classic Stadiums. Finally, the update kicks off a week of live content dedicated to the Field of Dreams.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Higher loss of break for aiming a sinker, changeup, or curveball high in the zone (based on the starting point of the pitch)
- Fixed an issue that would cause a lack of a tag animation when the runner would come into the base standing instead of sliding
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes allow the ball boy to rob a foul ball
- Field of Dreams will be available once the update is live. It is listed under Classic Stadiums.
- Pitcher’s handedness is now displayed correctly when viewing the opponent’s bullpen
- Adjustments made for more appropriate crowd reactions with home and away plays
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent crowd audio from playing during the top of the first inning
- Updates to the faces of Sal Romano, Clay Holmes, Clayton Kershaw, Darin Ruf, Sergio Romo, and Joey Gallo
MLB The Show 21 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.