Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning update includes native 4K support for PS5
THQ Nordic has delivered a new update for its remaster of Kingdoms of Amalur that upgrades the visuals on PlayStation 5.
Following the update, the game now has support for native 4K when running on a PlayStation 5. Re-Reckoning already supports 4K on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One X, and PC.
In addition to the upgrade, this update improves controller sensitivity, fixes the Loremaster achievement, and addresses a number of graphical glitches. Read the full patch notes below:
- Chest missing the lid fixed.
- Fae cache glitch fixed.
- Some other graphic glitches that would project beams through some spaces fixed.
- Several black areas fixed (those that were looking burned or just pitch black).
- It was possible to permanently knock down essential Quest-related NPCs. Example: Garaner Vernt in Canneroc. These would have blocked quest progress. Most of the time those events were triggered by specific timing.
- Loremaster Achievement fixed.
- Controller Sensitivity improved.
- Stability improvements.
- Detection with native 4K resolution support (PC, Xbox One X and Xbox Series already have 4K native).
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game is also playable on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S in backward compatibility mode.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.