Destiny 2 update will adjust Reckoning rewards and difficulty
To start with, as announced yesterday, the Moments of Triumph will be extended by three weeks until September 17th. As well as this, Bungie will be making some adjustments to Gambit Prime and Reckoning by increasing the weapon reward rates of both and reducing the difficulty of the latter.
Additionally, the upcoming update removes the daily lockout from Braytech Schematics, reduce the difficulty of the Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests, and make Menagerie chests more rewarding. Take a look at the preview patch notes below:
- Moments of Triumph has been extended through 9/17.
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon reward rates will be highly
- They will also have bad-luck protection to guarantee a drop after a set amount of runs.
- Reckoning difficulty will be tuned to be more welcoming as you hunt for rewards.
- BrayTech Schematics will no longer have a daily lockout and will give better chances toward weapons that players do not own.
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- There will be multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy to
look forward to in September.
- Iron Banner will be accompanied by increased Valor in each event.
- As the season comes to a close, Menagerie chests will become more rewarding as Calus sees fit.
- On the week of Destiny 2 Update 22.214.171.124, we’ll be hosting a Community Challenge of sorts. Stay tuned for more details.
Bungie revealed yesterday that it has made the decision to delay the release of Destiny 2’s Shadowkeep expansion and free-to-play New Light edition by two weeks. Both will now launch for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on October 1st.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.