Destiny 2 update nerfs Lord of Wolves, Solstice of Heroes event begins
A new update is now live for Destiny 2 on all platforms that aims to put an end to Lord of Wolves’ reign of terror.
Update 2.5.2 reduces the amount of ammo that the Shotgun Scavenger perk gives when in Release the Wolves state and decreases the effective range of the weapon. Bungie notes that the decrease is more aggressive when in the Release the Wolves state.
In addition to the above balance changes, the requirements for the Iron Banner pursuit objectives have been reduced and “The Emperor’s Gladiator” and “The Scoundrel in Uniform” Tribute Hall Triumphs no longer require players to wear a full set of Leviathan gear.
Other changes include Heroic Menagerie now dropping a sword 100 percent of the time upon first completion, a reduction in the brightness of the Peregrine Greaves, and several bug fixes. Read the full patch notes below:
- Lord of Wolves
- Reduced the amount of ammo that Shotgun Scavenger perks can give to Lord of Wolves when it is in the Release the Wolves state
- Decreased the effective range on Lord of Wolves
- This decrease is more aggressive when the weapon is in the Release the Wolves state
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Feeding Frenzy perk to be applied to any weapon
- Fixed an issue where the cloth component of the Iron Symmachy Cloak wasn’t rendering correctly
- Fixed an issue where the cloth component of the Terra Concord Mark wasn’t rendering correctly
- Fixed a bug where the Titan Exotic leg armor Peregrine Greaves glowed 130x too bright when wearers were at maximum velocity
- While our intention was for this Exotic to help Titans destroy opponents with 130x efficiency, we did not intend for its glow to burn out the corneas of the user
- The Tribute Hall Triumphs “The Emperor’s Gladiator” and “The Scoundrel in Uniform” no longer require you to equip a full set of Leviathan gear to progress
- Players will now earn more points based on the number of gear pieces worn, similar to other Triumphs
- Players will no longer be able to place the Tribute Hall introductory tribute on an alternate character to gain credit for a large number of tributes placed
- Players who accessed the catalyst or emote rewards through this method will have those items relocked until they place enough unique tributes to meet the actual unlock requirements
- Iron Banner pursuit objective values have been adjusted
- Reduced the grenade kills required by 50%
- Ally grenade kills are now worth as much as your own
- Reduced the Sword kills required by 25%
- Ally Sword kills are now worth as much as your own
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to equip Season 3 Iron Banner ornaments on their Season 7 armor
- The Wolf’s Favor will no longer drop from daily and weekly Iron Banner challenges
- Fixed an issue where the Triumph “Efrideet’s Gift” was not unlocking for players who earned enough Iron Banner rank-up packages during Season 7
- This fix is retroactive; it will get players up to speed who have met the requirements
Menagerie / Chalice
- Heroic Menagerie now drops a Sword for first-time completion (100%)
- Subsequent completions have a moderate chance to drop a Sword (25%)
- Fixed an issue where the Triumph “Drink Deep” would not unlock for some players who claimed the Masterwork slot on the Chalice of Opulence
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in the Season of Opulence intro quest by unlocking the first rune slot on the Chalice before completing the Lost Sector The Conflux and being on the correct quest step
- Imperials and runes can no longer be earned by idling through matches of Crucible and Gambit
- Replaced the step of the Truth quest chain requiring the bounty “Corsair Down” with a step requiring completion of three patrols in the Dreaming City
- Fixed a bug where players could become blocked from earning Truth if they opened the Ascendant chest in the strike “Warden of Nothing” before being on the appropriate quest step
- Fixed an issue where completion notifications would not appear after players completed bounties
- This will also fix an issue where players would sometimes not spawn during a Crucible match
Joining the update is the Solstice of Heroes event, which introduces a new matchmade activity. This new three-player activity takes place in the European Aerial Zone and tasks players with defeating as many minibosses as they can within a time limit, before taking on a final boss. Players can earn new Solstice armor sets in this activity that can be upgraded through several tiers by completing various objectives. More information about the event can be found here.
Destiny 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.