Borderlands 3 update slows Amara down, fixes bugs
Gearbox Software has released a new hotfix for Borderlands 3 that puts a stop to Amara speeding around the map and fixes a few bugs.
According to the patch notes, this latest hotfix addresses an issue with Amara’s Mindfulness passive movement speed bonus when buffed with the Spiritual Driver mod that caused her to reach extremely high speeds.
“Mindfulness was designed with the intent that reaching maximum stacks was not easily achievable so the bonus per grade was high,” the developer explained. “We want players to take advantage of move speed but not to the extent where parts of the game may not function correctly.”
The hotfix also fixes issues with loot falling into an unreachable area in Slaughterstar 3000, FL4K’s Jabber being too loud, and players being able to escape the map in Skywell-27.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Addressed a reported issue where loot was sometimes falling into an unreachable area in Slaughterstar 3000
- Addressed a reported issue where the movement speed bonus with Amara’s passive ability “Mindfulness” when buffed with Spiritual Driver class mod was sometimes extremely high
- Addressed a reported issue with the Spiritual Driver class mod where it was sometimes awarding damage for all types of damage and not just gun damage
- Decreased pet audio so FL4K’s Jabber would be less vocal
- Addressed an issue where Zane’s passive ability “Death Follows Close” did not bring the correct bonus to several Kill Skills
- Addressed a reported issue where Zane’s passive ability “Nerves of Steel” would sometimes lose functionality after fast traveling
- Fixed typos on Desperate Measures and Stainless Steel Bear skills
- Fixed multiple spots where players were sometimes able to escape the map in Skywell-27
- Fixed multiple spots where players would sometimes get stuck in Ambermire
- Fixed various areas in Septic Sluice and Green Diamond Platform that allowed players to reach unintended areas
- Fixed various areas on Pandora that sometimes allowed players to escape the map
- Fixed a reported issue where some players could not hear the flaming skulls from Billy, the Anointed
- Fixed a reported issue where Brick’s sledgehammer sometimes continued to spin after being thrown at an enemy during the mission “Hammerlocked”
Yesterday, Gearbox shared the opening 13 minutes of Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot, the first campaign DLC for Borderlands 3.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.