Zombie Army 4 gets a PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X upgrade this week
Rebellion has announced that Zombie Army 4: Dead War is getting an upgrade on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X this week.
From today, April 6th, PlayStation 5 owners can play the game at 4K and 60 FPS with a dynamic resolution and faster loading times.
While Xbox Series X players will have two options to choose from on April 8th: Quality and Performance. The former renders the game at 4K/60 FPS with a dynamic resolution, while the latter offers 1080p gameplay at 120 FPS. On Xbox Series S, the game will run at 1080p/60 FPS.
These updates also include new music for all platforms, balance changes for the Death Canal mission, and cross-platform multiplayer between Windows 10 Store, Steam, and Epic Games. Read the full patch notes below:
- Balance changes have been applied to mission, Death Canal
- Cross-platform multiplayer added for Windows 10 Store with Steam and Epic
- New music, combat pieces and general gameplay pieces added across all platforms
- Fixes applied to Damnation Valley to address issues raised with The Fan Service Challenge and with characters getting stuck in the Scaffolding Area
- In chapter 4 of Deeper than Hell, ‘Stop Schweiger Completing The Occult Engine’ objective will now update after killing all the zombies present in the area
- In chapter 4 of Alpine Blitz, players can no longer get stuck inside carriages
- On Xbox, cut scene audio issues fixed in Deeper than Hell
- General bug fixing and improvements
Zombie Army 4: Dead War is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game is available for free on PlayStation through PlayStation Plus and is also being added to Xbox Game Pass this week.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.