Xbox is going to Gamescom—here’s what it’s showcasing
Xbox is heading back to Gamescom with a booth for the first time since 2019, bringing with it a handful of unreleased games that players can demo.
While Xbox might not have many first-party titles launching in the rest of 2022, thanks to delays for Starfield and Redfall, Xbox will have both Pentiment and the full release of Grounded available for players to go hands-on with. Xbox standbys Age of Empires IV, Sea of Thieves, and Microsoft Flight Simulator will also be in attendance for some reason.
Perhaps more exciting are the third-party games that will be on hand. A Plague Tale: Requiem, Pinocchio-themed Soulslike Lies of P, and Disney Dreamlight Valley are probably the biggest names on that list, but that’s not all. Here’s the complete list of everything that Xbox is bringing to the show:
- Pentiment (Obsidian Entertainment / Xbox Game Studios)
- Age of Empires IV (Relic Entertainment & World’s Edge / Xbox Game Studios)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo Studio / Xbox Game Studios Publishing)
- Sea of Thieves (Rare Games / Xbox Game Studios)
- Grounded (Obsidian Entertainment / Xbox Game Studios)
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment)
- Disney Dreamlight Valley (Gameloft)
- Gunfire Reborn (Duoyi Games / 505 Games)
- Inkulinati (Yaza Games / Daedalic Entertainment)
- Last Case of Benedict Fox (Plot Twist Games / Rogue Games)
- Lies of P (Neowiz)
- Lightyear Frontier (Frame Break)
- Planet of Lana (Wishfully / Thunderful)
- You Suck at Parking (Happy Volcano)
For the fans at home, Xbox will be streaming from its booth on Thursday, August 25th from 5 a.m. PT to 11 a.m. PT, showing off Lies of P, Squanch Games’ High on Life, Pentiment, Plague Tale, and more. That’s in addition to whatever Xbox might be bringing to Opening Night Live, which will take place on October 23rd.
Michael Goroff has written and edited for EGM since 2017. You can follow him on Twitter @gogogoroff.