Watch Dogs: Legion update improves performance, fixes crashes
Ubisoft has announced that a hotfix is now available for Watch Dogs: Legion on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with a PC release set to follow on October 30th.
The update includes overall performance improvements for the PlayStation 4 and PC versions, fixes for framerate drops when walking through checkpoints, and an improvement to performance when driving. Other changes include fixes for various crashes on PS4 and Xbox One and a fix for a crash in the Into the Void mission on Xbox One X.
Read the full patch notes below:
- Global performance improvements on PS4 for smoother gameplay/driving
- Made several improvements to PC performance
- Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
- Fixed an issue that caused framerate drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
- Improved the framerate performance when driving
- Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
- Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4
- Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched on a console set to TURKISH, INDONESIAN, GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI languages
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on Xbox One X when selecting a certain option in the Into the Void mission
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when browsing through the Premium Shop tabs on Xbox One
“We’re also seeing players on PC experiencing crashes when playing on an outdated Windows version,” Ubisoft added. “We recommend updating your OS to updates 1903 or 1909 at the minimum, and strongly suggest having the latest OS system version installed when running the game.”
Watch Dogs: Legion is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.