Watch Dogs: Legion update fixes Xbox save issue and other bugs
A new update is going live for Watch Dogs: Legion later today that will finally fix the bug that caused progress not to be saved correctly on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
In addition to fixing the save issue, this update includes an option to retire Prestige Operatives, enables ray tracing on capable AMD CPUs, and improves overall game stability on PlayStation 4.
There are also fixes for the unequip button in the store not working, reflections popping and juddering with ray tracing enabled, various game crashes, and more. Read the full patch notes below:
- We have added the ability to retire Prestige Operatives, which will function like their Permadeath behavior: They will be gone for the remainder of the playthrough. Starting a new game will add the Operatives in that playthrough.
- Fixed the Unequip button in the store not unequipping equipped items.
- Fixed an issue where skipping a cutscene could cause the cutscene to continue to play while the player regained control over their operative.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Welcome Page settings to not correctly reset when choosing the Reset to Default option.
- Fixed an issue that caused clothes to not show up on a character after having saved or loaded the game while wearing an outfit. This fix is going live for Xbox One and PC and will follow shortly for PlayStation 4.
- Fixed an issue that could cause reflections to judder and pop in with Raytracing enabled.
- Fixed incorrectly applying low resolution textures on the Outwear Hoodie item in the “Synthetic Error” clothing pack.
- Fixed an issue that caused the paint from paint grenades and paint guns to not show up when hitting enemies.
Xbox Series X/S
- Fixed an issue causing the game to not properly save progress.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while driving.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during gameplay.
- Enabled Ray Tracing for Ray Tracing capable AMD GPUs.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when using DirectX12.
- Fixed shimmering artifacts behind particle effects when DLSS was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to not launch with Korean localization despite selecting Korean localization.
- Fixed an issue that caused double clicking on the Back button in any Tutorial menu to return to the same submenu they attempted to leave.
- Fixed several issues that could cause the game to crash due to a UI bug.
- Fixed missing highlight when hovering over buttons in any Clothing Shops in-game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash after interacting with the Walkie Talkie during the Initiation mission.
- Reordered the DLS options to correctly reflect which are available when playing on an NVIDIA GPU.
- Fixed an issue that caused prompts to not correctly reflect a key binding change.
- Fixed an issue that could crash the game when switching from DX12 to DX11, and then back to DX12 again.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when force closing the Ubisoft Connect overlay, while the game is launching.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when controlling a drone.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during a Spiderbot takedown sequence.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if an NPC died.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if it was minimized for more than 5 minutes.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Photomode pictures to be locally saved after uploading to the cloud.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players to map Parkour and Aimed fire to the same keybinding.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when loading into the Open World or starting a new game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when the game was launching.
- Additional memory optimizations to improve game stability.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the error message “Upload failed” to be shown when uploading saves to the cloud while the upload was actually successful.
- Added an additional fix for an issue that could cause the game to crash when quitting to the Main menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when leaving the game idle for more than 15 minutes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash to occur during the HUMAN ERROR mission.
- Fixed very bright reflections to appear during daytime in New Scotland Yard.
Watch Dogs: Legion is available now on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.