Warcraft III: Reforged update makes adjustments and fixes bugs
Blizzard has released an update for the recently released Warcraft III: Reforged that addresses a few issues that players have been having.
According to the patch notes, update 1.32.1 adjusts dialog audio levels, tweaks animations and triggers for cutscenes, and fixes a number of issues that were causing progression to be blocked.
“Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves,” Blizzard noted in regards to the progression fixes. “This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.”
In addition, Classic mode rendering has been updated, hitching when constructing or training for the first time has been fixed, and starting locations are now obscured by the of war.
Finally, a sepia tone has been added to the background images of the Classic menu to give players an easier way of telling whether they are playing Classic or Reforged. Read the full patch notes below:
- Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
- Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
- Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
- Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
- Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
- Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
- Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
- The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
- Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
- Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
- Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
- Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
- Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
- A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
- Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
- Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
- All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
- Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.