Tropico 6 update introduces new buildings
A new update is now available for Tropico 6 that introduces two buildings for players to add to their islands.
Following the update, players will have access to the Secure Mansion and Overwatchtower buildings. The former “provides a new living space for rich and filthy rich Tropicans (including its own bunker)” and can be upgraded with “Increase Surveillance” that gives it “a chance to uncover hidden roles of passing Tropicans.”
The latter is an improved and modernized version of the World War Watchtower and can “uncover hidden roles of specific agents with a high chance or all hidden roles of passing Tropicans with a lower chance.”
Additionally, a number of bugs have been fixed, including the “Make Party not war” Festival vanishing, the “Right to Arms” Edict not changing affected values correctly, and more. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- A new Cold War building, the “Secure Mansion”, has been added.
- A new Modern military building, the “Overwatchtower”, is now available.
- Improved the display and calculation of Military strength for buildings and squads.
- Prevented the special “Make Party not war” Festival in “The Final Party” Mission from vanishing when it hasn’t been held in all Areas at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that meant the festival areas do not show the festival cooldown for the client.
- Fixed the “Real Machine Gun” Upgrade for the Watchtower.
- Fixed the “Military Police” Edict not correctly changing the Crime Safety values for Military buildings.
- Towers now open the Military Strength-Overlay during placement, instead of the Crime Safety-Overlay, which is usually not affected by them.
- Fixed the “Right to Arms” Edict not changing affected values correctly.
- Fixed the Cathedral upgrade being overwritten by the Theocracy Constitution option.
- Fixed the manure production not getting cloned when copying a Ranch.
- Fixed the “Bigger Tanks” upgrade not getting cloned when copying a Fishfarm.
- Corrected an issue where the Camera didn’t move correctly to the Palace at the start of election speeches.
- Fixed flickering of a certain type of Stone after reloading a savegame on the Map “Between a Rock and a boring Place”.
- Fixed trees spawned by Stonehenge not being visible for the client in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where renamed Palaces being visible to other players’ almanacs in multiplayer.
Tropico 6 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC. A PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S upgrade for the game is set to release on March 31st, 2022.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.