The Witcher 3 Switch update adds cross-save support, improves performance
CD Projekt Red has released a new update for the Nintendo Switch version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that introduces a couple of new features.
The big new addition is the ability to transfer saves from the Steam and GOG versions of the game on PC to Nintendo Switch. However, the developer warns that bugs and progression blockers caused by mods might also be transferred and that the feature will not work if the save file name has been changed.
This latest update also improves performance, adds new graphical options, fixes a number of bugs, and adds support for touch controls. Read the patch notes below:
- Added touch control support.
- Added save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
- Added more text languages (in selected regions).
- Added more graphical options.
- Added multiple performance optimizations.
- Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
- Various gameplay and crash fixes.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.