The Jackbox Party Pack 8 gets an October release date
The latest entry in The Jackbox Party Pack series arrives on PC and consoles October 14th, Jackbox Games has announced.
The eighth game in the series features five new party games for players to compete in, including twisted interview game Job Job, head-to-head team game The Poll Mine, and a new version of Drawful that includes animated GIFs. Get a brief description of each new game, courtesy of the developer, below:
- Job Job: A twisted interview game where you use other players’ answers to score the job. Who knew getting a job could be fun AND chaotic? (3-10 players)
- The Poll Mine: Jackbox’s very first head-to-head team game! Trapped in a magical mine with no way out, try to correctly rank your group’s poll opinions and escape. (2-10 players)
- Drawful: Animate: This exciting new spin on the classic Drawful introduces animated gifs that you can create. Watch out for those tricky decoys! (3-10 players)
- The Wheel of Enormous Proportions: The ultimate game of trivia and chance. Doesn’t everyone love a game with a giant, shiny, spinning wheel? (4-8 players)
- Weapons Drawn: The game where trust is nonexistent. Can you hide your murders while solving others? Get ready to point those fingers because everyone but you did it! (4-8 players)
In addition to the player numbers listed above, up to 10,000 players can join select games as audience members and affect the final outcome.
The Jackbox Party Pack 8 launches for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on October 14th, with “other major digital platforms to follow in the future.”
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.