The Division 2 update fixes bugs and adjusts Dark Zone loot quality
A new update was released for The Division 2 earlier today that fixes a number of bugs that have surfaced since Warlords of New York’s release and adjusts the Dark Zone’s loot.
According to developer Massive, the quality of loot available in the Dark Zone was accidentally increased too much and so it has now been reduced to be on par with challenging-level missions. Following the update, both loot quality and number of god roll drops have been reduced.
“When we made changes to the loot quality internally before Warlords of New York launched, we wanted to adjust heroic difficulty loot for missions,” the developer explained.
“When doing so the loot quality in the DZ also was changed, as the difficulty reflects heroic level missions. But the Dark Zone loot quality had already been adjusted up before, which meant it double dipped with the change and therefore is currently higher than we intended it to be.”
Today’s update also fixes a number of issues, including Aaron Keener behaving oddly after being hit with an EMP, Control Point Officer UI not appearing, missing mods, and more. Take a look at the full list below:
- Fixed an issue causing Aaron Keener to behave odd when being affected by EMP.
- Fixed an issue that caused ECHOs to not be interactable.
- Fixed an issue where the Control Point Officer UI would not appear after interaction.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players to talk to Kelso.
- Fixed an additional issue that could prevent players from interacting with Community Leaders.
- Fixed an issue causing the IWI Negev doing ~50% more damage than intended.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to unlock an area if they did not open the Safe House door themselves.
- Fixed an issue that caused Specialization Points to not be awarded when leveling up between 31-40 and for all SHD level-ups.
- Fixed an issue with certain new Warlords of New York Skill Mods not dropping.
- Fixed several issues causing server crashes.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bullet King weapon to not drop from the final boss in Riker’s missions.
- Fixed an issue causing attributes to not appear in the UI when looking at Masks and other certain items in the Inventory.
- Fixed an issue causing the Nemesis quest parts not being obtainable.
- Fixed an issue causing Warhounds to sometimes do wacky things. Like flying. Can you imagine how scary they are when they are flying?
- Fixed an issue causing an NPC to be stuck in the Hugh Carey Tunnel mission.
The Division 2 and its Warlords of New York expansion are available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.