The Ascent update fixes achievements, improves PC performance
A new update has been released for The Ascent that focuses on bug fixes and performance improvements.
To start with, the PC version of the game has received a few improvements in this update, including stuttering and hitching reductions, crash fixes, and a change to make DX12 the default for the Windows Store version. Developer Neon Giant has also set Ray Tracing to off by default on all platforms.
In addition, the developer has put a stop to weapon skins, character shirts, and gear disappearing. Finally, the Added Extras, Aficionado, Helping Hand, Win, and Fair Trade achievements should now unlock properly. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
Performance (PC Steam & Win10)
- DX12 is now the default for Windows Store Players.
- DX11 is now supported for Windows Store.
- Improvements made to reduce stuttering and hitching, for DX11 and DX12, more work will continue here for future updates.
- Ray Tracing is set to default ‘off’ on all platforms
- Improved Hot Joining loading times on Steam & XB Family devices, more work will continue here for future updates
Stability (all platforms)
- Fixed a number of crashes in Single Player and Coop
Save Progress (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue where Weapon Skins could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Character Shirts could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Gear could be lost
- Fixed an issue where Clients items could be unequipped when a Host disconnects inside a tier elevator
- Fixed an issue where Clients could lose their save progress when fast travelling in certain circumstances
Gameplay (all platforms)
- Fixed the issue where sometimes a FullChrome wouldn’t spawn in ‘Mutual Dependencies’ (Mission 2)
- Fixed an issue where ‘Sell All Duplicates’ worked incorrectly
- Changed the frequency of Kira lines when civilians are killed (will now trigger less often)
Achievements (all platforms)
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Added Extras’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Aficionado’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Helping Hand’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Win’
- Fixed an issue with the Achievement ‘Fair Trade’
Translation (all platforms)
- Minor bug fixes in other languages
- Please note that we are still working on improving the quality of the translation in all languages
Other Fixes (all platforms)
- Multiple reported minor collision issues have been fixed
The Ascent is available now on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.