Sea of Thieves update adjusts Trade Routes
Rare has delivered a new update for Sea of Thieves on all platforms.
This latest update makes it so each outpost will now once again offer players a greater number of Commodity Crates to purchase. Additionally, other crews on the map now show their correct position and emissary status, and Reaper’s Chests and Skeleton Fort Keys will also show their correct position on the map.
There’s also a fix for the Hazelnutbread error when approaching ships carrying large amounts of Merchant Alliance cargo and players getting stuck on the “Enlisting Pirate” message. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
Emissary Trade Route Balancing
- Each Outpost will once again offer a greater number of surplus Commodity Crates for purchase.
- Other crews visible on the ship’s map will now display the correct Emissary status and position in real time while moving.
- Items that are displayed on the ship’s map such as Reaper’s Chests and Skeleton Fort Keys should now display their correct position in real time.
Performance and Stability
- Approaching other ships carrying a large amount of Merchant Alliance cargo should no longer cause players to receive a Hazelnutbeard error.
- The frequency of players becoming stuck on the ‘Enlisting Pirate’ message when attempting to log in has been reduced.
Sea of Thieves is available now on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.