Rockstar is adding ray-traced reflections to GTA Online on PS5 and Xbox Series X
Rockstar has shared details about its December update for Grand Theft Auto Online.
To start with, support for ray-traced reflections is being added to the game on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. These real-time reflections will be available when using the Fidelity Mode graphics setting.
Additionally, players can display or hide Contacts in the iFruit, launch Business Sell Missions from the Benefactor Terrorbyte, and take on Agatha’s Casino Story Missions as a solo operator. Other changes include the ability to use select Custom Weaponized Vehicles in races and “an across-the-board increase in the GTA$ value of all Shark Cards.” Take a look at the complete list of changes below:
- Get to your favorite iFruit Contacts faster — select which Contacts to display or hide via the Interaction Menu.
- The Benefactor Terrorbyte can be used to launch Business Sell Missions in all Session types, including Invite-only Sessions.
- Take on Agatha’s Casino Story Missions as a solo operator by visiting the Management Office of The Diamond Casino & Resort (these missions previously required at least 2 players).
- PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X will add ray-traced reflections — rendering real-time reflections on many surfaces — via the Fidelity Mode graphics setting.
- New vehicle purchases will arrive in your Garage faster than before.
- Select Custom Weaponized Vehicles can now be used in Races, where appropriate — weapons will be disabled outside of GTA Races.
- Bicycles will be added to the list of vehicles that can be requested from your Personal Garage when calling the Mechanic.
- Players on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S can enjoy full access to Hao’s Special Works without needing to complete Hao’s introductory race.
- Completing Vehicle Cargo Sell Missions in Public Sessions will award a High Demand Bonus, bringing this in line with all other business activities, while payouts on Smuggler’s Sell Missions will be permanently tripled.
- Get more of what you want faster with an across-the-board increase in the GTA$ value of all Shark Cards. Starting today, all Shark Card denominations have been boosted by 20–25% when purchased directly in GTA Online or via any of the platform stores. For special GTA+ Member Shark Cards, this is on top of the current 15% bonus GTA$.
The developer also announced that all players will be able to grab the new Declasse Tahoma Coupe for free for a limited time as a reward for completing the recent community heists challenge.
An exact release date for this update has not been announced, with Rockstar stating that it will arrive “later this month.”
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.