Returnal update focuses on bug fixes
A new update is now available for Returnal that fixes Daily Challenge bugs and a save-game corruption issue.
According to the patch notes, incorrect loot should no longer spawn in the Daily Challenge and an issue that prevented the challenge in the Fractured Wastes from being completed has been fixed. There are also fixes for a visual issue when scanning items and a save-game corruption issue.
In addition, players can now earn a number of trophies by replaying the Act 3 ending. Read the full patch notes below:
- Platinum: “Atropian Survival”, “Welcome Home”, and “Sins of the Mother” Trophies can now be unlocked by replaying the Act 3 ending
- Daily Challenge: Fixed a rare issue where players might be unable to complete a Daily Challenge in the Fractured Wastes
- Daily Challenge: Fixed an occasional issue with incorrect loot spawning in the Daily Challenge
- Fixed an issue which could cause save-game corruption in rare circumstances
- Fixed an intermittent visual issue when scanning new items
In other news, Returnal developer Housemarque was recently acquired by Sony Interactive Entertainment and has joined the PlayStation Studios lineup.
Returnal is available now exclusively on PlayStation 5.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.