Rainbow Six Siege testing changes to Echo, Glaz, Jackal, more
Ubisoft has pushed a new update live to Rainbow Six Siege’s test server on PC.
The main aim of this update is to address the power of shield operators. To achieve that, this update increases the hip-fire cone when using a Ballistic Shield to reduce accuracy and makes it so melee attacking an opponent with the shield will no longer kill them.
Elsewhere the update reduces Yokai’s Sonic Burst disorientating effect to seven seconds, reduces the number of pings from Jackal’s scan to four, makes Maverick’s breaching torch easier to hear, and increases Nokk’s ability duration to 12 seconds.
Finally, Glaz has received a couple of buffs, including an increase in movement time before vision is completely lost and a reduction in the speed at which the vision penalty is applied when rotating.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Hip-fire cone increased. We have standardized the hip-fire penalization when you have a Ballistic Shield equipped.
Ballistic Shield Melee
- Performing a melee attack with a Ballistic Shield equipped will now only injure and DBNO the opponent, instead of killing them.
- Reduced Yokai Sonic Burst disorientating effect base duration to 7 seconds (down from 10s).
- Reduced time it takes to trigger the vision penalty when moving or rotating, lowering the overall vision penalty when moving.
- Movement time before complete vision is lost is now 6 seconds (up from 2.5s).
- The speed at which the vision penalty is applied when rotating has also been slowed down.
- Reduced the number of pings from a scan to 4 (down from 5).
- [Edit/Update for clarification] Tracking: Now 20 seconds ping every 4 seconds + ping duration (initial ping + 4 pings).
- [Further clarification]: Tracking time reduced by 5 seconds. This means that instead of 5 pings (+initial ping) over 25s, it is 4 pings (+initial ping) over 20s.
- Modified breaching torch sound SFX.
- Breaching torch sounds will now be easier to hear when Maverick is making a hole close to you.
- Increased Nøkk’s ability duration to 12 seconds and increased the refill timer to 12 seconds.
- With the longer duration, and cooldown, you’ll be able to better leverage her ability.
- FIXED – Under certain circumstances, after emptying the magazine, weapons cannot be reloaded.
- FIXED – After joining in progress, any Yokai drones or hacked Mozzie drones outside will not display the jammed VFX to the player who joined midway.
- FIXED – Missing SFX for Clash when equipping her CCE Shield.
- FIXED – Sometimes placing Mira’s Mirror on a reinforced wall may not breach both sides of the wall.
- FIXED – Players can spawn peek the Docks.
- FIXED – Starting any situation after completing a Custom Online game will start a Thunt Lone Wolf on the same map and mode as the Custom Online game.
- FIXED – Players are unable to reconnect to a Ranked session via the dynamic Play button and remain in queue unless they relaunch.
- Continued chip damage to an individual from another teammate over several rounds will stack RFF points more quickly.
- Putting a teammate into DBNO will now activate RFF and system will respond accordingly if teammate is revived or bleeds out.
Idle Kick Timer
- Idle kick warning timer will display 10 seconds before a kick.
Rainbow Six Siege is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.