Persona 4 Golden PC update focuses on bug fixing
Atlus has delivered the first big update for Persona 4 Golden on PC.
This update focuses on bug fixing and includes the two hotfixes that were previously available via the game’s Beta branch.
The update addresses issues with video quizzes, cutscene playback, soft locks, blank items, and progression blockers. In addition, the soft lock from an All-Out Attack has been fixed and the use of Windows 10 resolution scaling on high resolution monitors has been removed. Read the full patch notes below:
- Fixes to video quizzes
- Fixes to cutscene playback, including a lower playback mode for smoother play on older machines.
- Soft locks occurring around Personamations
- Random crashes reported
- Crashes related to removing Xbox One controllers
- A hang issue that occurs during Midnight Trivia Quiz
- Blank items in inventory causing crashes and freezes.
- Please note that if you are experiencing this issue, your old saves will retain the blank item, so it is suggested that you generate new saves and avoid old saves with blank items.
- An audio issue related the audio setting during Yosuke’s Calvary Attack.
- A progression issue that occurs when entering Yukiko’s castle.
- Addresses a known issue where Quest 3 could not be completed by some players.
- Optimized cutscene movies for better playback that was causing stuttering.
- When using high resolution monitors, resolved an issue where the Windows 10 resolution scaling was being applied.
- Fixed a freeze issue when equipping a blank item in “Equip > Clothes”.
- If you have a blank item in the Clothes menu, please be sure to remove it as these blank items can be still in your currently saved game data. Equipping blank items can trigger various freeze issues in other locations.
- Resolved a soft lock that could occur after an All-Out-Attack.
Persona 4 Golden arrived on PC back in June and features full HD visuals, support for 60+ FPS, Steam Achievements and Trading Cards, and the choice between the English and Japanese voicer overs.