Pentiment update includes a new minigame and instant dialogue option
A new update has been released for Obsidian Entertainment’s historical narrative-driven game Pentiment.
According to the patch notes, this update introduces a new minigame to Act 1 and an instant dialogue display option. In addition, players can now skip the intro and adjust the speed of the credits.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Endris has a new minigame that can be found at the beginning of Act 1
- Logic issue with the Final Day of Law and Judgment has been fixed to prevent people from being condemned if they were never accused
- Telling Father Gernot your evidence against a character in Act II will no longer automatically prevent you from speaking with that character in the future. There is now a Persuade check-in place that can allow the conversation to continue.
- Credits have been adjusted and updated to contain various additions and fixes
- Parallax has been added to the meadow
- Credits speed can now be adjusted, speeding up, slowing down, pausing, or reversing
- You can now skip the intro
- Created hybrid input option that keeps mouse active when using keyboard and mouse
- Added an instant dialogue display option
- Fixed bugs with the input mapper
- Various Bug Fixes and Improvements
Pentiment is available now on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, and Game Pass.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.