Overwatch’s Year of the Tiger event includes new skins
Overwatch‘s Lunar New Year seasonal event has returned to the game as the Year of the Tiger.
This year’s event brings back all the Brawls from last year, including Capture the Flag, Capture the Flag Blitz, and Bounty Hunter, in which the first player to get a kill becomes the target and everyone else becomes bounty hunters.
Additionally, players can earn three new epic skins by completing weekly challenges. Play games in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade to unlock the following cosmetics:
- Play 9 Games – Skullcap Player Icon
- Play 18 Games – Spring Couplets Spray
- Play 27 Games – Prosperity Ashe Epic Skin
- Play 9 Games – Auspicious Player Icon
- Play 18 Games – Practising Forms Spray
- Play 27 Games – Auspicious Soldier: 76 Epic Skin
- Play 9 Games – Tea Player Icon
- Play 18 Games – Porcelain Spray
- Play 27 Games – Porcelain Wrecking Ball Epic Skin
Finally, Lunar Loot Boxes have returned with new legendary skins for Mercy and Tracer. The boxes also contain all of the skins, emotes, and intros from previous iterations of the event.
The year of the Tiger event will be live on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and PC until February 15th.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.