Overwatch’s Winter Wonderland includes Freezethaw Elimination, new skins
Overwatch’s annual Winter Wonderland event has returned to the game on all platforms, Blizzard has announced.
The event, which runs until January 5th, introduces a new Winter Brawl for players to take part in called Freezethaw Elimination. This 4v4 mode places players in a block of ice upon being defeated and it’s up to their teammates to thaw them out before the entire team is frozen. Additionally, Mei’s Snowball Offensive, Snowball Deathmatch, and Yeti Hunter all return.
Players can also earn new epic skins for Junkrat, Ana, and Roadhog by winning games in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade during each week of the event. The following rewards are available:
- Win 3 Games – Elf Junkrat Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Elf Junkrat Spray
- Win 9 Games – Elf Junkrat Epic Skin
- Win 3 Games – Gingerbread Ana Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Gingerbread Ana Spray
- Win 9 Games – Gingerbread Ana Epic Skin
- Win 3 Games – Frosty Roadhog Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Frosty Roadhog Spray
- Win 9 Games – Frosty Roadhog Epic Skin
Finally, players can unlock a number of new skins, emotes, and intros through Winter Wonderland Loot Boxes, including the legendary Penguin skin for Mei.
Overwatch is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.