Overwatch’s Lunar New Year event adds Bounty Hunter Brawl, new legendary skins
Overwatch’s annual Lunar New year event has returned to the game today with the Year of the Ox.
During the event, which is live until February 25th, players can take on a new Brawl in the Arcade called Bounty Hunter. In this mode, the player who scores the first kill in the match becomes the bounty and all other players are Bounty Hunters. Kill the current bounty to score points and become the next bounty. Additionally, Capture the Flag and Capture the Flag Blitz from last year return.
Players can also earn three new epic skins, player icons, and sprays by completing weekly challenges. Win nine games in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade each week to unlock the following:
- Win 3 Games – Stonefaced Baptiste Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Terracotta Squad Spray
- Win 9 Games – Terracotta Medic Baptiste Epic Skin
- Win 3 Games – Wanderer McCree Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Gunsmoke Spray
- Win 9 Games – Xiake McCree Epic Skin
- Win 3 Games – Imperial Guard Reaper Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Siwang Spray
- Win 9 Games – Imperial Guard Reaper Epic Skin
Finally, players can unlock five new legendary skins and three intros by opening up Lunar Loot Boxes during the event. Skins, emotes, and intros from previous years are also up for grabs.
Overwatch is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.