Overwatch’s Archives event returns with new legendary skins
Overwatch’s annual Archives event has returned to the game with some new legendary and epic skins to unlock.
During the event, which runs until April 27th, players will be able to jump back into the Uprising, Retribution, and Storm Rising co-op Brawls alongside new Challenge Missions for all three. Uprising makes enemy barriers invulnerable, Retribution heals enemies when others are damaged, and Storm Rising causes enemies to damage all nearby players.
In addition to the returning Brawls, players can earn new epic skins for Lucio, Zenyatta, and Mercy by completing weekly challenges. Earn the required number of stars from Archive Brawls to unlock the following:
- Earn 10 Stars – Corredor Lucio Player Icon
- Earn 20 Stars – Turn Up the Heat Spray
- Earn 30 Stars – Corredor Lucio Epic Skin
- Earn 10 Stars – Subaquatic Zenyatta Player Icon
- Earn 20 Stars – Deep in Thought Spray
- Earn 30 Stars – Subaquatic Zenyatta Epic Skin
- Earn 10 Stars – Camouflage Mercy Player Icon
- Earn 20 Stars – Night Mission Spray
- Earn 30 Stars – Camouflage Mercy Epic Skin
Players can also earn or purchase Archives Loot Boxes for the duration of the event which contain new legendary skins for Tracer, Widowmaker, Solider: 76, Zarya, and Genji, as well as skins, emotes, and intros from previous Archives events.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.