Overwatch Anniversary event is now live
Blizzard has kicked off this year’s iteration of Overwatch’s Anniversary event.
During the three-week event, players will have the chance to play through a number of past seasonal brawls. Each day during the event, a new set of brawls will be available in the Arcade, including Uprising, Mei’s Snowball Offensive, and Junkenstein’s Revenge.
In addition to the returning brawls, players can earn new cosmetic items by completing challenges during each week of the event. Each week, players will be rewarded with a new player icon, spray, and skin for winning a total of nine games in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or the Arcade. Check out the full list of rewards below:
- Win 3 Games – Carbon Fiber Sigma Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Carbon Fiber Sigma Spray
- Win 9 Games – Carbon Fiber Sigma Epic Skin
- Win 3 Games – Fleur de Lis Widowmaker Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Fleur de Lis Widowmaker Spray
- Win 9 Games – Fleur de Lis Widowmaker Epic Skin
- Win 3 Games – Masked Man McCree Player Icon
- Win 6 Games – Masked Man McCree Spray
- Win 9 Games – Masked Man McCree Epic Skin
Finally, players can earn or purchase Anniversary Loot Boxes during the event that contain a combination of new and past Anniversary and seasonal items. The new items include legendary skins for Reaper, Zenyatta, Ashe, Wrecking Ball, and Mercy.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.