Nioh 2 PC update improves performance, fixes bugs
A new update has been released for Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PC that addresses a couple of issues.
According to the patch notes, this update fixes a bug that caused the frame rate to drop when “Effect Quality” was set to high and also reduces slowdowns when certain attacks hit walls. Team Ninja noted that it is still investigating the frame rate drops.
Bugs that caused mouse sensitivity to become too high to change it, certain resolutions to be blocked, crashes, and black bars to appear in multiplayer on widescreen monitors have also been addressed. Read the full patch notes below:
- The confirmation button can now be changed from “Controls”
- Fixed an issue where the lock-on target would switch when the mouse was moved, even if the “Move Camera/Switch Lock-On Target” setting was changed to an option other than “Move Mouse” in “Keyboard & Mouse Settings”.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse sensitivity could become so high that it became impossible to change the settings
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented the selection of certain resolutions and caused the game screen to be cut off due to the Windows settings
- Fixed an issue which made the game prone to crashing in certain environments
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when displaying the descriptions of equipment special effects.
- Alleviated the issue where the frame rate tended to drop when “Effect Quality” was set to “High” in “Graphics Settings”.
- Reduced the tendency for the game to run slowly when certain attacks hit the walls
- Fixed an issue that caused black bars to appear on the left and right sides of the screen during multiplayer on ultra-wide monitors.
Nioh 2 is available now on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.