MLB The Show 21 update makes a change to Franchise, fixes Xbox invite issue
A new update is now available for MLB The Show 21 that fixes a number of bugs and makes some changes.
To start with, the option to sign Free Agents in the off-season through the player search menu has been removed due to it occasionally causing players to be duplicated. Additionally, a confirmation selection box has been added for when players select duplicate no-sell cards from Choice Packs.
As for bug fixes, a crash that could occur when pinch hitting for an out of position player in Manage Full Game has been addressed and an issue that caused game invites to fail on Xbox linked accounts should no longer occur. Read the full patch notes below:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pinch hitting for an out of position player in Manage Full Game
- Removed the option to sign Free Agents in the off-season through the player search menu (this would sometimes result in the player being duplicated)
- Added a confirmation selection box when players select duplicate no-sell cards from Choice Packs
- Fixed a bug where the player card would stay on the screen if the user pressed R2 and the Options button at the same time
- Fixed a bug where player position would sometimes be blank on a batter walk-up presentation
- Fixed an issue where some Xbox linked accounts would not receive game invites
MLB The Shows 21 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.