MLB The Show 21 update focuses on bug fixes
A new game update has been released for MLB The Show 21 that aims to address a number of issues with gameplay, Diamond Dynasty, Road to the Show, and more.
According to the patch notes, the bat passing through the ball on too late swings, the catcher not fielding the ball after a dropped strike, runners turning around on a steal home, and runners running out of the base path have all been fixed. Additionally, players will no longer be only a bench player when called up to the MLB in Road to the Show and various stadiums have had their lighting, dirt, netting, and more adjusted.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- The bat will no longer pass through the ball on “too late” swings
- Fixed an issue with the bat would move strangely on late check swings
- Fixed a bug where the catcher would occasionally not field a ball after a dropped strike
- Fixed a bug that could freeze the game online after a pitchout
- Fixed a crash that would happen occasionally when swinging and missing on a pitch in the dirt
- Runners will not turn around on a steal home if they will be safe when pressing R2
- Fixed an issue that would cause runners to run out of the base path
- Fixed a bug that would cause out of position catchers to play a “dropped ball” animation when tagging at home, resulting in a missed tag
- Fixed an issue where subbing a fielder in Extra Innings caused the CPU to lose a baserunner
There are no hitting or gameplay balance changes in this update.
- Fixed a bug when the wrong uniform would show in Extra Innings
- Fixed an issue where a user would “Quick Sell” when trying to sell now with quick actions
ROAD TO THE SHOW
- Fixed an issue where attributes from equipment were not being applied in game
- Fixed an issue that would prevent stat earnings from archetype missions
- Fixed a bug where it would show the user’s position for the next game as “Pinch Hitter”
- The correct stats will now display in the Rookie of the Year award
- Fixed an issue where a CPU outfielder would stop and not react to an oncoming ball
- User will no longer be only a bench player when called to the MLB
- Fixed OSD text for RTTS championship wins to address minor league name changes
- Fixed in-game saves for Custom Franchise and Stadium Creator
- Fixed an issue that prevented eligible players who came off of the injured list during the playoffs from being added to the playoff roster
- Various updates to numerous stadiums, including lighting, dirt, netting, etc
- Great American Ballpark home and visitor bullpens have been swapped
- Various tweaks and improvements made to Snap Mode
- Fixed an issue that would warn the user of a “Blank Canvas” when not using one
- Various prop fixes
- Fixed a bug that would reset the pause timer indefinitely while in game
- Moved the marketplace notification, again, to the top-right corner of the screen to prevent Stub and profile overlap
- Correct year now appears for player stats in the Roster Update screen
- Fixed an issue with the “Hits Allowed” career stat on the Pitching Matchup loading screen
- Inside Edge boosts for pitchers now display above the correct Player Card attributes
- Minor UI adjustments to the RTTS and Diamond Dynasty menus
MLB The Show 21 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.