MLB The Show 21 update adds a daily XP cap
A small update has been released for MLB The Show 21 that introduces a daily cap for experience earned.
Today’s update limits players to earning a total of 35,000 XP each day through gameplay. According to developer San Diego Studio, “this cap shouldn’t be reached through ‘normal’ means of play.”
“This is intended to combat large amounts of XP games from out of the ordinary or exploitative gameplay,” the developer added. “We are committed to increasing this cap in the future if needed. (The cap will adjust accordingly during double XP events.)”
In addition to the XP cap, players will now be notified when a pitcher pinch hit for another pitcher, and a fix for a freeze caused by a pitch hitting the dirt below the catcher has been implemented. Read the patch notes below:
- Fixed a freeze that would occur when a pitch hit the dirt below the catcher
- Players will now be notified when a pitcher pinch hit for another pitcher
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the bullpen menu
- We have implemented a daily cap of 35,000 XP earned through gameplay. This cap shouldn’t be reached through “normal” means of play – this is intended to combat large amounts of XP games from out of the ordinary or exploitative gameplay. We are committed to increasing this cap in the future if needed. (The cap will adjust accordingly during double XP events.)
Online Head to Head
- Players will now have the option to initiate a grief report in the pause menu by pressing L1
MLB The Show 21 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.