Latest DiRT 5 trailer is all about game modes and features
Codemasters has shared a new trailer for Dirt 5 that goes over the game’s modes and features.
The upcoming entry in the series will feature a number of game modes to keep players busy, including Landrush, a circuit-based mode in which weather and track conditions change on the fly, and Ice Breaker, which features short circuits that take place on ice. Take a look at the list of available game modes, courtesy of the Codemasters, below:
- Landrush – Circuit-based, rough terrain with jolting jumps and technically challenging sections. Weather and track conditions change on-the-fly during the event to mix-up this pack race mode.
- Rally Raid – Controlling machines built for extreme off-road, Rally Raid challenges are point to point with split routes, where drivers can grab some serious air.
- Ice Breaker – As the name suggests, players battle short circuits that take place entirely on ice. Throttle control and precise drifting are crucial to master this mode.
- Stampede – Hard, unforgiving natural landscape, built for rough-and-ready machines. The layout is unmarked with major undulations over mud and sand.
- Path Finder – Another new game mode. Controlled speed and more strategy are the keys to success. Hardcore off-road terrain packed with steep jumps and rock-strewn paths.
- Sprint – Amplified racing at its craziest. 900bhp, enormous wings and four different sized wheels. Left turns only on oval and circular tracks. One for the drifters.
- Ultra Cross – Varied terrain and unpredictable circuit design. Classic rallycross amplified for the ultimate challenge.
Dirt 5 will also see the return of Gymkhana from Dirt Showdown. Gymkhana is a score-based mode that sees players jumping, drifting, and donuting around purpose-built stunt arenas.
Codemasters also confirmed that PlayStation 4 players who purchase Dirt 5 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free. This is in addition to the previously announced support for Xbox Smart Delivery on Xbox Series X.
“The trailer gives players an insight into the world of Dirt 5 and the breadth of content and features that await them,” Robert Karp, Dirt 5 Development Director at Codemasters, said. “But we still have a few things under wraps including a feature never seen before in the DIRT series. If racing fans want some of the roughest terrain, extreme weather and thrills at every corner, then DIRT 5 delivers all of this and more.”
Dirt 5 launches October 9th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with an Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 release to follow at a later date.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.