Horizon Forbidden West update improves performance, fixes graphical issues
Guerrilla Games has delivered the first update for Horizon Forbidden West.
According to the patch notes, this update has fixes for a progression blocker in “Reach for the Stars,” Aloy falling through the world, Atekka falling out of the sky, and the Second Chance skill not working correctly. Additionally, The update contains a number of graphical fixes for oversharpening in HDR mode, settlement streaming, the HUD flickering, and unintended loading screens.
There are also performance improvements and several crash fixes in this update. Read the full patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where reloading a certain auto-save after completing the first quest could block progression.
- Fixed an issue during interlude ‘The Eye of the Earth’ where Aloy could fall out of the world after skipping a cinematic.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Cradle of Echoes’ where Varl would wander off on a reload from save.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Sea of Sands’ affecting several grapple points.
Side Quests and Errands
- Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Blood Choke’ where Atekka would appear to fall out of the sky.
- Fixed a progression issue in side quest ‘In The Fog’ related to fast travel during the quest.
- Fixed an issue in errand quest ‘Night of Lights’ where a pullable box could get stuck and block the quest progression.
- Fixed an issue where Relic Ruin: The Daunt could not be started in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue in salvage contract The Greenswell: Plowhorn and the Plants where an optional objective could not be completed if the required item was sent to the player stash.
- A rogue Tallneck near The Stand of the Sentinels that would sometimes change the direction of its route has been disciplined.
- The Second Chance skill should now work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the camera had an unintended position when using certain weapon techniques.
- Image oversharpening in HDR mode has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue where some settlements would stream in, then stream out in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would flicker when the player performs a loot action.
- Fixed an issue where rapidly opening and closing the map could cause graphical anomalies.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy’s animation would sometimes jitter rapidly when climbing after picking up a plant has been fixed.
- Fixed a global issue where the direction of Aloy’s gaze, or that of certain NPCs, was incorrect.
- Fixed several instances where Aloy, NPCs or enemies could get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed an issue where roads and icons on the map would sometimes appear with a delay.
- Fixed several streaming issues and unintended loading screens.
- NPCs that seemed to suffer from insomnia and would gather in large groups at night in settlements should act more naturally now.
- Petra will no longer teleport into her seat inside the Chainscrape brewery if followed immediately after the initial conversation with her.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various other minor fixes and cosmetic improvements.
Finally, the developer went over a couple of issues that it is aware of and investigating, including various graphical issues, infinite loading screens, and Aloy’s outfit appearing blurry in Photo Mode.
Horizon Forbidden West is available now on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.