Hood: Outlaws & Legends update lets players interrupt assassinations
A new update has been released for Sumo Digital’s multiplayer PvPvE heist game Hood: Outlaws & Legends.
The biggest change in this update is an adjustment to assassinations that allows them to be interrupted. Following the update, assassinations will be interrupted if damage to the assassin exceeds a certain threshold.
This update also moves players back to the hideout at the end of a match, removes rank display from lobbies, and improves the ability to interact with the winch. Additionally, bugs relating to trophies not unlocking, challenges not tracking, mute not working on Xbox, and more have been fixed. Check out the full patch notes below:
- Assassinations can now be interrupted if damage to assassin exceeds a certain threshold (read more here) TLDR: most basic attacks interrupt it now.
- Players can now exit stagger/stun more consistently through dodging/blocking, to reduce situations where players would get stunlocked
- Players on EGS can now invite players on Steam to their group.
- After the end of a match, players are moved back to the hideout, but remain in their squads. This should reduce matchmaking times because before, players were leaving the automatic queue in order to return to the hideout, which had a negative impact on queue times.
- Rank is no longer displayed in the lobby.
- Improved ability to interact with winch when standing close to it
- Added feedback alert for when an enemy team reaches a new winching notch
- “…The Ballad Unfolds” and “…The Ballad Ends” trophies can now be unlocked. It won’t be automatically unlocked for those who already fulfilled the requirements. This fix is coming in the next update.
- Fixed challenges that involve tagging
- [Xbox One, Xbox Series] Fixed mute not applying when a user had been muted via their gamercard during gameplay.
- Fixed Ctrl appearing when trying to bind a key to Right Shift or Alt Gr
- Added missing home spawn icon on Citadel for both teams
- Tweaked some texts in the post-match screen for clarity
- Fixed the respawn timer sometimes appearing blurred as if in the background
Other Bug Fixes
- Fixed the tag not being removed for enemy players when a Marianne used her ability after getting tagged by an AI
- Fixed collision pushing mechanic forcing characters to rotate in certain instances
- Fixed visual effect of Gold coins falling out of chest when it was dropped
- [Xbox One, Xbox Series] Fixed black screen when returning to Hideout
- Fixed Tooke’s weapon disappearing if he used his ability right after climbing down a rope
Hood: Outlaws & Legends is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.