Here’s a rundown of the cost of games and accessories on PlayStation 5
A lot of the final details of the PlayStation 5’s upcoming release are now coming out, so let’s take a look at the prices customers can expect once they’ve already budgeted for the console itself.
For all Worldwide Studios titles, Sony has confirmed that games “will be priced from US$49.99 to US$69.99 (RRP) on PS5.” Which, of course, means that Sony is the latest company to join the bandwagon of raising prices on next-gen games to $70.
Here’s a breakdown of the prices for the launch titles:
- Astro’s Playroom – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Destruction All Stars – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
Meanwhile, here’s a list of prices for the accessories that’ll be coming along with the PlayStation 5 at launch:
- DualSense Wireless Controller – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
- HD Camera – US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
- Media Remote – US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
- DualSense Charging Station – US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
Source: Official PlayStation Blog
Mollie got her start in games media via the crazy world of gaming fanzines, and now works at EGM with the goal of covering all of the weird Japanese and niche releases that nobody else on staff cares about. She’s active in the gaming community on a personal level, and an outspoken voice on topics such as equality in gaming, consumer rights, and good UI. Check her out on Twitter and Mastodon.